03 January 2010|
Pooch's All Natural Dog Treats contain only human grade natural and organic ingredients that are full of delicious health benefits for your dog. Nutrient rich ingredients not only taste better to your dog but they help with their skin, coats, joints and digestion. Adding preservatives, fillers and by-products is an unhealthy but cost effective method that many store bought brands use to keep costs down and profits high. These unnecessary ingredients commonly cause allergic reactions and have very little nutritional value. At Pooch we prefer the old fashioned method of using wholesome ingredients that provide the nutrition with the taste that dogs love. Our treats only contain fresh ingredients and are low gluten, wheat free, soy free, corn free, preservative free, and contain no artificial flavors/colors or by products.
Why Organic & Free Range?
Using as many organic ingredients as possible helps to support a healthy environment that benefits you, our ecosystem, the welfare of plants, animals and farmers alike. Organic farms must meet strict regulations concerning the use of chemicals and pesticides, stocking quantities, appropriate diets and accessibility to outdoors. Farms also are limited from harmful synthetic pesticides, herbicides and GMOs (genetically modified organisms). While organic ingredients cost more they don't leave behind costly environmental impacts. Livestock farms that practice good husbandry such as free range methods produce healthier, happier, and higher quality animals than conventional farms using antibiotics, growth hormones and cramped housing. For example hens that are raised outdoors and fed a varied diet produce eggs with 4 to 6 times the amount of Calcium, 3 times the amount of Vitamin E, 7 times the amount of Beta Carotene, 2 times the amount of Omega-3 Fatty Acids and significantly lower amounts of cholesterol and saturated fats when compared to typical supermarket eggs. Organic produce contains 50% more nutrients, minerals and vitamins while average non organic produce often contains over 20 pesticides. When you know the facts the right choice for your pet is obvious.
Pooch Ingredient List:
- Organic Free Range Eggs: Protein rich and provide dogs with Vitamin D, A, B6, B12, Iron, Potassium, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Choline, Calcium and Phosphorus.
- Organic Free Range Chicken Stock: Homemade no salt recipe stewed with organic peas and carrots. Healthy alternative to high sodium broths that many gourmet brands use.
- Organic Peanut Butter-No Salt Added: Rich in protein and Vitamin E. Great for shiny coats.
- Organic Peas: Rich in Folic Acid, Vitamins B1, B2, and B6 and high in Vitamin C
- Organic Carrots: High in the antioxidant Vitamin A and Fiber. Great for eyesight.
- Organic Sweet Potatoes: High in Fiber, Vitamin A and C. Naturally stabilizes blood sugars.
- Organic Flaxseed: Great source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids, Lignans, and Fiber. Excellent for improving coat and skin and reducing inflammation.
- Organic Blueberries: Contains more antioxidant power than most fruits and vegetables. High in Vitamin C and E. Helps prevent urinary tract infections and promote good vision.
- Organic Rolled Oats: High in Fiber and great for diabetic dogs.
- Organic Brown Rice Flour: Gluten Free. Alternative to Wheat Flour.
- Organic Barley Flour: Low Gluten. Alternative to Wheat Flour.
- Organic Buckwheat Flour: Gluten Free. Alternative to Wheat Flour.
- Organic Black Strap Molasses: A healthy, natural sweetener that is rich in Iron, Magnesium and Potassium. Also contains Copper, Zinc, Phosphorous, Selenium and Calcium and many trace vitamins.
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Recommended for Dogs with allergies. Great for skin, coat and joints.
- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil: Recommended for Dogs with allergies. Great for skin, coat and joints.
- Local Raw Honey: Contains trace vitamins and minerals and acts as a natural sweetener
- Parsley: Natural breath freshener and aids digestion.
- Rosemary: Contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents. Helpful for stomach upsets and digestive disorders.
- Sage: Natural antiseptic and anti fungal. Helpful for stomach upsets and digestive disorders.
- Ginger: Excellent digestive aid.
- Cloves: Good source of Manganese. Contains natural anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Cinnamon: Helpful for digestion and regulating blood sugars.